Thursday, June 23, 2016

Father's Day

This would have been posted Monday but the computer I use to take pictures from my devices (phone, camera, etc.) crashed. I had not backed them up to our cloud drive yet so I had to wait until Ed could recover them. Technology. 

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend. I spent Saturday watching Edward paint the coffered ceiling in the living room. I am not allowed to paint or do much due to some issues with my back so I get to sit around and watch. That is just boring. Anyway...Edward painted the ceiling on Saturday. Two coats of primer and 1 coat of Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. I love this color. It just works in this house. 




Isn't that better? The color the builder put on the walls is just depressing. It looks dirty too. Ick. The walls are still the original color. It took Edward all day to cut in and roll 3 coats of paint. I did the dining room a few months ago so I know how difficult and time consuming it is. I wish I could have helped him but I really want my back and hip to stop hurting so I will follow doctors orders. 
  
I did make a cake for Father's Day on Saturday. From scratch. Cake and frosting. It wasn't the best cake I have ever had but it wasn't the worst either. I think I may just stick with box mix. lol The frosting was delicious though. I have plenty of experience with frosting. 



Sunday morning we gave Edward his gifts. We got him a fire pit with accessories, a rotisserie for the grill and a blue tooth meat thermometer. Since dinner was already planned we didn't get to use the grill accessories yet but he did light up the fire pit and we roasted marshmallows. 

(Please excuse the state of this room, it still isn't put together since the walls aren't painted yet)




.
And for dinner Sunday I made one of Edwards favorite meals, Apple & Sage pork chops. The recipe is from McCormick and we really like it. I served it with white rice. So yummy. 


Recipe coming soon.

Thanks for stopping by.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!