Thursday, November 9, 2017

New Shutters, paint, lighting and some bling!

When we bought this house we knew there would be a lot of things we would want to change and some that just needed to be done. One of the things that NEEDED to be done was exterior paint. The house was 11-12 years old when we bought it and the exterior paint was showing serious wear. I also did not care for the shutters as they were pretty faded and the lighting was kinda blah.

Here are before pictures of the house. They are from the listings before we bought it. 




We had the house painted (changing the accent door color to red and shutter color to black) then hired someone to clean the siding. White siding gets dirty. Very, very dirty. I do love the brick color but could do without the white siding. After all was painted and cleaned Ed installed the new shutters. We ordered them online from Home Depot and love them.  The lighting came from Menard's. We had to go to 2 stores and order the rest online so I am pretty sure it was a closeout. I love the lighting although it is a pain to change the bulbs. 



I went out and took these pictures just a few minutes ago with my phone. I thought I had taken pictures when Ed was done but I can't find them. Here you can see our Autumn decor and mums that have bloomed twice now and will bloom no more. 

Here are pictures from the side of the house. We added the faux windows because there was just too much white on the side of the house. I think we ordered those from Amazon. We have yet to add the carriage handles and hinges. I keep forgetting to pick them up.  

Please ignore my daughters car parked in the driveway. lol



I believe everyone should add their own touches to their homes. I try to stick with things I know are pretty and also not too faddish. I fear things like barn doors . I love them but when we sell this house would it be a turn off for a potential buyer? And I don't love them THAT much. lol I like to keep things pretty neutral and add color and style with accessories. That's just me though. 

You probably noticed the bare flower beds. We ripped everything out that we could last month. The plan is to only keep a few of the things that were planted by the previous owner and to add things that require less attention. Most of the things were Spring and Summer flowers which leaves a bare bed in Autumn and Winter. I would like to add some things that will be pretty all year round. That is for another time though. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Chris

*Red door paint is Poinsettia from Sherwin Williams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!