Monday, March 5, 2018

Easter Decor

Hey there!

          In past years I have really enjoyed decorating for the holidays. When you have small children it seems like something you should do. As mine have gotten older I have done less and less. This year I decided that I am going to once again decorate for the holidays but not in the way I have done in the past. The goal now is to have a more mature, grown up decor. Of course I didn't have much in the way of decor for Easter anymore so I spent some time looking for stuff online. I prefer to touch and feel before I buy but that gave me an idea of where to go. 

          I went to numerous stores before I found what I was looking for. I wanted to keep with glossy white, shiny metal or something made with natural materials. I think I have a good start to my new Easter collection. I will add pieces as I find them each year. 


We found these two metal bunnies at TJ Maxx. They weren't cheap but I love that wood carrot! 



The egg and grassy bunny also came from TJ Maxx. 


This white ceramic bunny family was spotted at Kroger. The gold ears are a nice touch!



We purchased both of these chippy white bunnies from Pier 1 Imports. 



These two lovely bunnies dressed up with green ribbon were from Meijer. 


These bunnies and carrots were picked up at Michael's when I went in for photo mats. I can always find something I love at Michael's. 


Last but not least the egg vase filler was from JCPenney. 

          I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't find more items. Most of the stuff I found was wood or very brightly colored. I get that color is attractive and probably sells a lot but I really want to have more muted decor now. I'm sure in a few years I will acquire quite a bit if I keep at it. 


          Here is the mantel this year. the egg wreath was purchased at Pier 1 Imports years ago.  The blue, orange and white eggs I bought on clearance at Dollar Tree 3-5 years ago. I had planned to paint them and I think I still may. I think painting the larger ones gold and the smaller ones solid glossy white would look nice. 

     Thanks for stopping by!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!