Thursday, March 1, 2018

Updating the master bedroom

Hey there!

In this post I shared with you my ideas for new bedding for the master bedroom. As soon as I could I headed to Target to pick up the duvet cover and I ordered the pillow covers and insert from H&M Home. 

This is my idea board from that post.


And here is the bed all made up! So pretty! Our sheets and blanket are gray and go well with the gray pillow cover.

I love this duvet cover! It is over sized which is great. It's always very disappointing to buy a duvet cover that your duvet gets all bunched up in and hardly covers the bed. This one has extra room on all sides. It did not have the center ties at the top and bottom but most duvet covers don't so I improvised using safety pins. I was in too big a hurry to change it out to sew any ties on the inside. I need top pick up some twill tape so I can do that to all of the duvet covers we currently have but I keep forgetting to do it. Maybe now I will remember. I should put on my list. Right now.

In the above picture you can also see the picture I talked about here. There's nothing wrong with it, I just think it's time for something new. Ed has plans to make a wood window frame for the space because I have yet to find one I like that is big enough and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Goals.



We also got new bedside lamps. Love them! I am thinking of maybe putting a faux succulent or plant under each one. They are hallow and bottomless. The possibilities! I like the lamp shades but I am considering something new. We'll see.

Details:
Duvet cover-Target
Pillow covers H&M Home  pink flowerpink color blockgray velvet.
Lamps-Target
Lamp shades I got at Walmart a few years ago.

The room is getting close to being done. Ed still wants to paint the ceiling, add can lighting and we have a few pieces I would like to move/get rid of but haven't had the time to work on that just yet. This is what happens when you are working on numerous projects/rooms at once!

Sorry about the lighting in the pictures. It has been very cloudy here for a while which makes for dark photos. I tried to brighten the room with the lights but it wasn't much use. Can't wait till the can lighting goes in!

Thanks for stopping by!
Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!