Monday, June 25, 2018

Another DIY bathroom remodel

Please feel free to share or pin our projects (share buttons under each post). We would really appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by!



Hey there!

As with the rest of the house when we moved in, the upstairs hall bath was in much need of some TLC. We thought the walls were painted white but realized they had actually been primed and not painted. We assume the previous owners primed to cover either a dark color or messy walls. Whatever the case it was a mess. The vanity actually had nail polish on it that I knew wouldn't come off without damaging the finish so I knew I would have to paint it. 

This is the only picture I could find from before. All white and all boring.


I had initially wanted to rip this room apart but after weighing cost, time and effort decided to leave the tub and vanity and replace or update the rest.



We painted the walls accessible beige, our go to color in this house. Ed also put a fresh coat of white ceiling paint on the ceiling.


 The Pergo laminate wood we used in the rest of the house was also used in this room. I can't praise this stuff enough. It is so easy to clean and looks great!


I painted the vanity Peppercorn from Sherwin Williams like I did the vanity in the master bathroom. I really LOVE this color!


We replace the light fixture, mirror and hardware.



We added tile around the existing vanity top.



We also added tile around the tub surround. When the shower gets all steamy this will protect the wall. Even though we replaced the exhaust fan this is a very small room and the steam is still somewhat of a problem.


We also added towel hooks instead of a towel bar. I think they work so much better. We did keep a towel bar for the bath mat but that is much thicker it doesn't hang on the hooks very well or dry very fast that way.


Now if we can just keep the kids from making a mess in here!

Thanks for stopping by!
Chris

Sharing here:
Sunday Features
Dishing it & Digging it
Inspiration Monday
Happiness is Homemade
Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sundays Best
Silver Pennies Sundays link party
Craftastic Monday Link Party
Block Party
Made by You Monday
Amaze me Monday
Over the Moon
Inspire Me Monday
Inspire Me Monday
Merry Monday

4 comments:

  1. I love what you have done to your bathroom, very stylish #inspireme onday@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris! I love your bathroom remodel! Such pretty colors and design choices. I painted my master bathroom cabinets a similar color several years ago and I still like them. I saw your post over at "Amaze Me Monday".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...I just saw that you were featured over at "Dishing and Digging It" blog party...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bathroom looks great! I like that Sherwin Williams color too. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. See You next week!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!