Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Fourth of July porch decor

Feel free to share or pin our projects (share buttons under each post) we would really appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by!

Hey there! 

This is our second summer in this house but really the first summer I am decorating. I don't have a lot of front porch decor because we have never had one this big. It is one of the things that I really liked about this house. This is my favorite front porch of all our houses. Last year we bought 2 rockers and a glider bench from Sam's and I just threw some pillows on them and called it a day. 




I had had my eye on drum stools to go on the porch but couldn't bring myself to pay $60+ for one. This year I happened to find them at Lowe's for $40. I still didn't feel comfortable paying for more than one so I bought one in white and figured that would be that. 


Ed and I were at Menards the next day and found that they had some on sale for $20 but only a certain color. It's a nice color but not what I had in mind for the front porch. I grabbed one and went to the paint department and picked up a can of primer and a can of blue paint. 



I put 2 coats of the gray primer on the stool starting on the inside. Then I put another 2 coats of navy blue paint on also starting on the inside. 

Primed, ready for paint.


Not too bad for $20 and the cost of some paint! It may have only cost about $10 less for this one than the one from Lowes but it's a color I love! 

After that the porch just kind of came together. I picked up a few things here and there plus added some things that I already had on hand.  I think it turned out quite nice!












The wreath is made from paper stars. I made it a couple of years ago and it has lasted much longer than I thought it would!


I really enjoyed decorating the porch for the Fourth this year. How do you decorate yours? I would love to see so drop me a quick note with a link to yours!

Thanks for stopping by!
Chris

Sharing here:
Inspiration Monday
Happiness is Homemade
Inspire Me Monday
The Scoop
Block Party
Made by you Monday
Amaze me Monday
Over the Moon 128
Tutorials and Tips link party
Inspire Me Monday
Inspire Me Monday 337
Merry Monday Link Party
Inspire Me Monday
Let it Shine
Inspire Me Tuesday
Too Cute Tuesday
LouLou Girls Fabulous Link Party
Sew it Cook it Craft it Link Party
Wonderful Wednesday
Wow Me Wednesday
Creatively Crafty
Feature Friday Linky Party
What to do weekends party
Sundays Best Linkup
Silver Pennies Sunday Link Party

2 comments:

  1. I love the transformation of your porch. When I see porches like this, I sure wish I had one. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best. I'll be Pinning your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is definitely my favorite porch of the houses we have had. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!