Friday, June 22, 2018

Hiding charging cords and some new decor

Feel free to share or pin our projects (share buttons under each post) we would really appreciate it! Thanks for stopping by!


Hey there! 

As I was cleaning the other day I once again came across a mess of cords next to my bed. It irritates me so much to have to move this to clean and it just looks so messy. 


I needed to come up with a plan to move this unsightly mess. I decided I would set the multi plug on the dresser so the short iPad cord would reach. It barely reached being beside the dresser and I knew if I put the multi plug under the dresser there was no way it would reach. Now I had 2 more issues to contend with. One: the iPad cord would be laying across the dresser top and two: now the unsightly mess would be on top of the dresser . Nope. Stashing the iPad in the top drawer would solve problem one and shopping would solve problem two. 

I started by pulling the drawers out of the dresser. Then decided exactly where I wanted to put a hole in the back. 



Grabbed the cordless drill and put the biggest drill bit I could find in it. 


Then I drilled a good sized hole in the back of the dresser right under the top. 


I fed the cord through from the back. 


Then after vacuuming up the mess I put the drawers back in and now my iPad can sit in the drawer to charge. I love this because it is out of the way and the cords are not next to the bed. 



I knew I needed to find something to go on top of the dresser that would do a good job of hiding the multi plug and cords as well as look nice. So off to Hobby Lobby I went. 

I love this store so much! Every time I visit there are new items and the smell is so intoxicating! I always, always check the clearance isles to see what is available. I can usually find something pretty cool there and this visit was no exception!


Aren't these metal boxes lovely? 


And they take up enough space that you can't see the multi plug unless you actually stick your head back there! It was fate. 



This is what they are hiding. 


We also picked up this wood sign while we were there. I had planned to hang it but once we got home I realized how perfect it would look sitting on top of the boxes! I used a picture holder I had laying around to set it up. I love this!


The space is so nice and pretty now!

Next time we visit the master bedroom we will see the new wall art that was just delivered! I am so excited about this!


Thanks for stopping by!
Chris

Sharing here:


Home Matters Linky Party - Grab Button
This Is How We Roll Thursday Party
 photo handmade hangout- small logo AGI 3_zpscbsuugus.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Hobby Lobby is the best! I also head straight for the clearance isles. This was a great solution to hid the cords. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Hobby Lobby kinda girl for sure! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! And I just cleaned out the drawers in my nightstand, so . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to do! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great cover up! I hate cords showing as well. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!