Monday, February 19, 2018

Spring is coming!

Happy President's Day! I am happy to say that my grandchildren are all in daycare now and I can focus on home schooling the boys, our house and the blog. Yay me! 

After this cold and icky winter we have had I am ready for Spring! Since Mother Nature isn't really cooperating I am doing what I can to make it feel Spring like inside. In Spring, usually March,  I switch out our duvet covers. I have a nice thick one from Pottery Barn that we use in winter. Right now it really is too warm and we are in need of something cooler. I have one that I could use but I feel that it is more for summer and I really wanted a white one for Spring. I have had my eye on the white pin pleated ones for a couple of years now and finally decided to take the leap with one I found at Target. I also found some pillow covers that I liked at H&M Home online. Shipping was free with a $40 or more purchase so I ordered 3 covers and 1 insert. I didn't have a 16x16 to fit the chiffon flower cover so I ordered one! The other two covers are 20x20 and I have my IKEA inserts to fit those. 

(Idea board is made of pictures from Target and H&M websites linked below)

I have been itching to add pink somewhere in the house. The living room has a chair with yellow/gold and gray and pillows to match for the sectional. Pink just won't look good in there so the bedroom was the next logical place. I threw in a gray pillow cover for Ed, gotta keep it a little masculine. 

Details:
The Duvet cover is from Target
The pillows are from H&M; pink flower, pink color block, gray velvet

I am in the process of decorating our room and I am trying to keep most of the decor more neutral because I do change the duvet covers out about every three months or so. I am on the hunt for something to go over our bed. The picture we have now has been above our bed since we lived in Germany. We actually bought it at IKEA while living in Germany as something temporary while we lived there. That was 2003. I think 15 years is long enough and definitely not temporary! The only change I have made to it is that I painted the frame about 6 years ago.  We are long over due for a change. I am thinking old wood window...but we'll see. I will share the room once I get the Spring duvet and pillows on. 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!