Thursday, February 22, 2018

TV gallery wall

Hey there! 

For the most part we have kept our television on top of the entertainment center. We did have it hung above the fireplace in our Fort Wayne house but that didn't last long. It hurt our necks to have to look so far up at it. I know many people like them hung up that high but it wasn't for us. 

This is what it looked like at Christmas. It's the only picture I could find to give you an idea of before. 


In this house we decided to go ahead and hang it up so we cold have more space. It doesn't really give us that much more space but it feels that way. Plus we thought it safer with our grandchildren spending so much time here. Ed found an awesome mount that is adjustable in most directions. We can pull the television out straight or turn it one way or the other. It also allowed us to angle it down so it is easier on our necks. We are having a bit of trouble getting it level but that's the only negative so far. 

I knew that decorating the wall around it was going to be interesting so I dug out what pieces I could find that I thought would go well and started working on it. 

Here are some pics I took trying to figure out exactly what I was going to do. 




Please excuse the disgusting beige carpet. I have had it cleaned but it is old and just needs to be removed. Just a few more months and that will be done as well! 

I didn't use all of the items I had been playing around with. When I finally decided where I wanted the ones I would be using I had to fill the holes. Off to Hobby Lobby I went. That place is awesome for this type of thing and it won't break the bank like a lot of other places will. 

Here is what we ended up with (with Easter decor).  



The Dr. Seuss book title above the television is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. When I saw that online at Hobby Lobby I knew I had to have it. 

My biggest issue here was working around the thermostat. It's that small black square under the clock. The pieces we had from before are the metal bicycle I bought at Gordman's when we lived in Fort Wayne and the Numbers art and Rare Prints art I made back in 2011 or so. All of the other pieces are new. I found the Be Nice or Leave at Marshall's, This is Our Happy Place at Home Goods, I Can't Adult today and the white tray were from Walmart and everything else including the clock is from Hobby Lobby. I love that store! 

The plan is to replace the entertainment center with a longer, less deep one. We haven't found exactly what we want in our price range so it's likely Ed will build one and I will stain it exactly the color we want. But that will have to wait until we get all of the other stuff we are working on done. 

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!