Monday, June 4, 2018

The Laundry room is finished!!!


Hey there! It's finally done! Yes I know it has been months but things like trim and end panels are aesthetic so not a priority when so much else is going on.

Here is the before (listing picture). 


Here it is now. 



I really love all the storage we now have in this room. I haven't gotten the organization finalized but it all works for now. I will probably reorganize it every few months as I buy new things and get rid of other things. Notice that there are no knobs on the cabinets? We chose to put push openers. With the room being so small I was concerned about getting hung up on the knobs (I hate that). I love how they work in here!


I realized that Ed was right about the door and we ended up putting the original door back instead of doing a bifold door. We needed a place to hang the ironing board! lol Plus the vacuum fits next to the cabinet and the door hides it quite well. There is a large space behind the door and it's been great for hiding stuff like mops, brooms,  the ironing board and now the vacuum!




What's behind that door on the far wall you ask? Well that is the breaker box! My genius husband took some extra trim from the cabinets and made a frame around it to fit a door he had purchased that would cover the breaker box.





No more unsightly metal box. Yay!

Details: 

  • Large safety pins and vintage hanger art from Ballard Designs, bought a few years ago. 
  • Light is KRISTALLER from IKEA. 
  • Bodbyn IKEA cabinets in off-white. 
  • Bainbridge Oak Pergo flooring. 
  • Walls are accessible beige from Sherwin Williams.
  • Trim is Alabaster from Sherwin Williams. 
  • Washer and Dryer are LG in black stainless. 

By the way. I LOVE, LOVE IKEA cabinet lighting! We have it under the cabinets in the laundry and kitchen and in the glass door cabinets in the kitchen. I think it was well worth the cost!

Thanks for stopping by!
Chris

                   Flaunt it Friday!
                   Inspire Me Tuesday
                   Inspire Me Monday
                   Inspire be Inspired Sunday Features
                   Over the Moon


Home Matters Linky Party - Grab Button
Pretty Pintastic Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!