Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Something different

Today I am going to write about my first passion. From around 10 years old on I have LOVED clothes. Not necessarily high fashion but clothes. And shoes. And purses. Anything fashion related. When I was in high school I was mistaken for a teacher more times than I can remember by those who didn't know me. I grew up in the 80's and clothes were my thing. What did I ask for at Christmas and my birthday? Clothes or money to buy clothes. Seriously. 

Junior thinks I have a problem and has posted a sign on his closet door just for me. 


He makes me laugh. 😆 He even counts my shoes. I can't remember how many I had last time he counted or how many I have bought since. He can't understand why anyone would need so many clothes or shoes. Not many people get it. I get it. I love clothes. 

I haven't always dressed the way I wanted to for different reasons. Money and my weight issues have been the biggest problems. Right now I am in a place that I can afford to buy nice things, although I do try to buy things on sale and/or with a discount and my weight is on it's way down. 

I recently discovered that there are apps that you can log all of the items in your closet on. I was so happy! I tried a couple different ones and settled on Stylebook. To me it's easy to use and I love the editing tool that comes with it. I try to find my new pieces online and use those pictures but that was harder to do with my older pieces so I had to take pictures and edit them. I'm still working on logging all of my shoes but most of my clothes have been logged. I am thinking of sharing my outfits from my Stylebook every day. Like today I am wearing this:


The sweater is Simply Vera Vera Wang from Kohls with basic black yoga pants. The boots are Rampage. 

The editing tool doesn't work great on white or light colored items if the background is also white or light colored but it works well enough that I can see what things look like together. It also has a calendar feature so I can keep up with when I have worn an outfit or piece. I can also keep notes so I don't have to try to remember details after having worn an item. Is it really warm? Cool? Itchy? Should I wear a cami under it because it's see through in the sunlight? I have been using this app now for well over a month and it has been a great help. I wish I had had something like this when I was in high school! Yes, I was THAT person in high school. lol 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!