Thursday, January 18, 2018

Weekend plans

Ed works four 10 hour days so we always get a 3 day weekend. It's good in some ways an sucks in others but it is our current reality. We have big plans for this weekend though! Friday is taken up by eye doctor appointments, my car going in the shop and a dentist and chiropractor appointment. In between Ed is planning to do some painting and prep for the new cabinets to go in the laundry room. I am excited!

Our weekend goals are:

  • install cabinets in laundry room with under cabinet lighting
  • prime and paint the powder room and entry from the garage
  • replace the light fixtures we have either moved or gotten rid of

I know the list looks small but it's really a lot of work. If we have time we would also like to start adding the can lights to the classroom and run wiring for a 3 way switch in the dining room. Why there isn't one already is beyond me. 

There's not much for me to do really except stand around and be supportive so I will spend my time packing up the classroom and dining room because next weekend the new flooring goes down! Yahoo! I also plan to do some more research on the Keto Diet. Ed and I are both struggling with our weight (his tummy, my thighs) and I have heard great things about Keto. I am excited but I have to figure it out before we can start it. Tentative start date is February 1. 

Oh and I finally picked out and ORDERED lights for the kitchen island, over the kitchen table and even the front entry! I had picked some out on Wayfair.com but wanted to wait till closer to the time I needed them to order them and they are now out of stock. You'd think I would know better by now. If you find what you want buy it then and there. Although I have to say that I like the ones I did end up ordering better than the first ones I had picked out! lol Funny how that works but if I hadn't found any others I liked then I would have been in quite a pickle. That happened with the outside lights. I found what I wanted and by the time I went to buy them they were being discontinued and I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted. I bought what I could locally and ordered the rest from other stores to finally get all that I needed. What a pain that was. 

I will hopefully update with our new laundry room, powder room and garage entry next week. Fingers crossed it all works out! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!